Every year, unexpected injuries and illnesses affect workplaces throughout Texas. Even with effective safety measures in place - which we at Hendershot Cowart P.C. highly recommend - a serious incident can happen at any job site.
That's why it pays to be prepared.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) requires many businesses to develop emergency action plans by law. However, even businesses without this requirement benefit from having an effective catastrophe management plan in place in case of incidents such as:
- Acts of violence
- Natural disasters
- Structure collapse
An employer cannot plan for every conceivable situation that may arise, but having a comprehensive emergency action plan in place can help regain control after an incident takes place.
Our Houston-based law firm helps businesses throughout Texas (and outside Texas in select cases) prepare for the unexpected by implementing emergency actions plans that cover many of the following elements:
- Reporting emergencies
- Evacuating employees/visitors
- Handling emergencies involving hazardous materials
- Identifying people inside and outside of the business who will help carry out the plan
- Setting procedures for essential employees
- Identifying employees with rescue or medical responsibilities
- Addressing the media
- Targeting issues specific to the industry/business
In addition to helping businesses create emergency preparedness plans, our firm also steps in to provide guidance immediately after a disaster has occurred until the OSHA case is closed. No matter what type of disaster you are dealing with, always take the following steps in an emergency to protect your employees and your business:
- Immediately call 911.
- Make sure everyone is safe and injuries are being treated.
- Call our firm for confidential advice that you can trust.